Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Lure of the track part 3

It has sucked me in. On Sunday I am traveling up to the twin cities to participate in an indoor track meet. The plan is to do 5 events (5000m, 1600m, 200m, 800m, and 400m). I am not really going to be racing them. The goal is to work on pace, running my own race, and get a good extended interval/speed workout. I have nearly 12 weeks of base so what better way to start working on speed and strength than by running with a some fast indoor track college runners.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so i take it you're back from your vacation?? how was it?

9:38 PM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

I never actually left for vacation. I just stayed in the greater LAX region. It was however one of my best vacations ever. I got tons of stuff done for HMM. Finalized some sponsorship deals. Did a lot of work with motion analysis software. But above all I did a lot of training. I am so far ahead of where I have ever been for this time of year it is just crazy. It is going to be a good year.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome!!
So you just stayed in LAX (that's LA, right?), and didn't go to Houston?

7:30 AM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

LAX would be the airport code for LA, but us locals call La Crosse LAX. I didn't leave WI for vacation

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, well that's good to know. I knew LAX is the airport code, so that's why I thought you meant LA.
Thanks for the clairification!
-Trista

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home