Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Off Season -->Base

One of the best times of the year and also one of the most important times of the year is the off season and base phase. This is a good time to do some homework and work on some key areas of your training. I have always used this time to really look at my nutrition plan and tweak it as needed. I also make a solid attempt at getting my sleep cycle as it should be. If you have the ability to have some metabolic testing done, this is an excellent time of the year to have this done. Other good things to work on are your core strength and flexibility.

One of the best things to do is to have someone analyze your form. I have spent a some time this year seriously looking at my gait cycle and working on some of my inefficiencies in my running form. This is not limited to running though. This is a good time to have your swim stroke analyzed along with getting your bike fit checked. You will get a lot more benefit from your training if your body is doing the right thing. Swimming a lot, but swimming wrong isn't going to make you a much better swimmer. Ideally, you can find someone who has good camera and motion analysis software. This will allow you to see your gait and swim form in slow motion and can really help you smooth things out.

I have one of the area's premier motion analysis systems. Anyone wanting to see or use this system can contact me via email and we can discuss how we can use this technology to help you out. This system can be used for swimming, biking, and gait analysis. While not able to offer technique advise, we can also use this system for baseball/softball, golf, bowling, tennis, or any other action sports. Also, if you are interested in learning more about metabolic training, I can refer you to an excellent company who performs metabolic testing down in Iowa.

Be Active Be Happy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home