Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Suffer fest V.2

Decided to tag along on the Tuesday night ride earlier tonight. Some days you shell people, some days you get shelled. Tonight, I got shelled. There were many positives on this ride. I pulled through numerous times at 27mph. I pulled through a couple of times on the way back and was able to hang on to the front pack on the way back when speeds were at 32 mph. This ride only had one climb and I climbed well. I even played the role of super domestique and pulled my team leader up the hill. I got dropped after the climb when the ride entered a long series of rollers. I was bummed, but then I was fine with it. I was able to put a pretty solid solo effort through the section and work a bit with Ryan. The group got back together and the pace was solid through a little section of rollers. I pulled through one of the rollers and it was a bit to much. After I dropped back to the draft, there was an acceleration, and I got dropped. While I got dropped two time, I wasn't the last guy in the back so I was stoked on that.

Tonight's ride was fantastic. One the way out the the lead pack was riding very smooth. We kept the speed up, and everyone worked well together. Watching a group of cyclist working together is great. Being a part of it is even better.

Thanks for the shelling tonight. See you next week.

2 Comments:

Blogger All3Sports said...

Trash the legs, take recover-ease, repeat as needed.

4:43 PM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

recover-ease good. Legs felt good today. Thrashing to commence again tomorrow.

5:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home