Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Do work son

So last night was a bust. Wasn't feeling it due to tiredness. I didn't realize just how tired I was until I woke up this morning. I slept over 12 hours last night. Then during the day I even had to take a 3 hour nap.

Feeling well rested I headed off to the Wednesday night. This ride is supposed to be a mellow ride, but there were only three of us there. One of the guys likes to push the pace on Wednesday more than what it should be, and the other like to push too. So, I pushed, rather pulled, a lot. The way out we headed into 20-25 mph winds with gust to 30+. I lead it out and pulled every other time, rather than every third. We headed up the first climb and I was feeling good. I made it to the top first and felt fine, a little winded, but the legs felt fine. I even stood up a couple of time to ensure my gap would hold. We made our way through the roads to the next climb. I pushed this one really well. I was climbing super good today. First one to the top again.

After recovering we headed onto K which is always a fast section, it leads up to a sprint to the green sign. We started off at 25mph, and I ended up during the last pull at 33 to make a gap so I didn't have to sprint, which was good because that is about as fast as I can go.

The rest of the way in we had a tail wind so we just chilled and talked about how much effen wind we had. Somehow we ended up with more of a head wind than we did a tail wind. oh well.

Tonight was a good ride. I am very happy that I ditched the ride last night. Better to be doing the shelling than to be shelled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home