Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Sufferfest V. 3

Abort!! Abort!! That is what I did last night. I was really tired going into the night. I only slept about 14hrs of sleep the previous 3 nights and worked 3 12 hours shifts. Thats all I have for excuses. Anyway the ride for what I was there went like this. We got over the bridge and someone caught a flat. We changed that. About 2 miles later one of the riders ran into an orange traffic barrel. Up he went and landed straight on his head. Kind of like a pile driver you would see on WWE (if you watch that). He was okay, but his bike is effed. After making sure he was okay, we rode on. I was tired and was having a hard time spinning my heavy feeling legs. I stayed up towards the front as we made our way to the rollers. The rollers came, and I was still not feeling it. I pulled up a roller and was spent. I was going to just hang on to the top 5 as long as I could and then peel off and head home. I figured better just get a 45 minute ride and recover so I could ride and run well the next day, as opposed to killing my already tired self and then be shelled for the next day and not able to have a quality workout.

If you're not feeling it, you're not feeling it. Ride another day.

3 Comments:

Blogger 4x4 Champ '07,'08,'09 said...

Everyone has good days and bad days. Sometimes there are days that you just have to take easy.

7:29 PM  
Blogger 4x4 Champ '07,'08,'09 said...

BTW
It turned out to be a good ride after the crash. EPU even made some people hurt on a roller.

7:31 PM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

I heard EPU put the hurt on. Taking it easy last night was the best thing I could have done. I was super fresh for tonight and had a great ride.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home