Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Sufferfest V.4

Tuesday's spanking took us up North for the first time this year. From the chatting amungst the other riders, it doesn't sound like they head North very often. I was super stoked as I do all my riding on the North side of LAX.

The wind was very windy (read OMG windy). We went into the wind and the pace was pretty solid. Like an idiot I ended up taking a pull up front and shelled myself right away. I dropped off the back and then had a nice little solo TT to the next stop sign where I would catch back up to the group.

We then made our way towards the first climbs. The pace exploded off the front and myself and some others got dropped. I pulled it in to the group just to the start of the climb. I stayed at the tail end of the second group up the climb. From then on I was able to ride with the main group for a long time.

Then we turned onto CTH D. I knew this was going to hurt. Nice rollers, wind, and people feeling fast. I hung on over the first climb, and then dropped off with Gary on the second climb. I really wanted to catch up so I worked my ass off to try and catch them. I never did, but they didn't pull away from me either so I was stoked.

We then headed up to Mindoro to the cut. I was in the second group going into the climb. I almost caught the the tail end of the first group by the time the hill was over, just a bit short.

By this time my legs were shelled. I ended up pulling 3 others for a long time until we caught back up to the main group. I did a lot of work during this time. The group then split off into two groups.

We headed into West Salem and EPU thought he was all tough and shyt so he lauched a stupidly crazy fast attack way early for the sprint. After we regrouped everyone was shooting him some dirty looks.

The ride in was much of the same. I would go out front and trash my legs, then pull off a killer solo TT to catch up with the group.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many are usually in the group?

-Trista

P.S. Brian and Holly's baby boy is gonna come any time now!

6:24 AM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

I think we have around 20 of us that ride

5:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't usually ride north. That is an understatement. It has been two years since we did a north ride past Cty Rd. B. because we almost were banished from the group the last time we did it. I think some people didn't show up because it was a ride to the North.

10:21 AM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

why is going North so bad anyway?

4:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well if you don't know I don't think I could explain it. Let's just say it is NORTH for the easiest reason.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home