Thursday, July 12, 2007

WTF/Grosse Pointe Blank

DB: I can help who's next! With smile on face
Me: Hi, thanks. I would like a $20 gift card, please.
DB: I am sorry we can't do $20, but we have $25.
Me: That will be fine, lets do that.
DB: Searching for the key on her register
Me: Waiting very patiently. Do you have $10 cards?
DB: Found the key!!Okay that will be $25.
Me: Would you happen to have $10 cards?
DB: Ya, but I found the $25 key so it's okay.
Me: Puzzled look on face. Since I asked for a $20 card, and you implied that was not possible, I am curious to know why you did not offer two $10 cards.
DB: Because we don't do $20 cards.
Me: I understand. Tell you what, lets start over.
DB: Okay? Puzzled look on her face
Me: Hi, thanks, I would like to buy 2 $10 gift cards.
DB: Okay, that will be $20.

We made a break through there and I figured it would be smooth sailing from there.

DB: Takes my money and hands me two cards straight from the rack. There you go, have a good night.
Me: Don't you have to activate the cards in some way.
DB: Oh! Yes Stands there looking at me
They need to be swiped on the thingy.
Me: Patience about gone, but still pleasant in an "I am an asshole, but I don't sound like it tone." So should I come around the counter and do that, or do you do that?
DB: My manager will do it.
Me: Do you need the cards back then to take them to your manager?
DB: No, he will be up here in a bit.
Me: So I should give him the cards then so he can swipe them on the thingy?
DB: Yep All smiles, in a "I am a dumb girl sort of way"
Me: You wouldn't happen to be able to go get the manager so I can give him the cards, so he can take them and swipe them on the thingy, so I can go home? Could you?
DB: Sure. She gets the manager That guy at my register says he needs his cards activated.
Mgr: Hi what can I do for you?
Me: I would like to get these two $10 cards activated.
Mgr: Did you swipe them on the terminal?
Me: No, typically with any gift card I have ever purchased, the store personnel activate the gift card or cards and give me a receipt which indicates they are activated for a specified value.
Mgr: That's what we do too, so you are all set.
Me: Could I have my receipt then for the activation?
Mgr: You need to swipe them first.

WTF!!!

Me: Continuing with my "I am not an asshole tone" but really being an asshole at this point. I am sorry. I forgot that I had to swipe them on the "thingy". Any chance you could activate them for me. I am starting to run a little behind schedule and would prefer that you swipe them because I am sure you can go through the process much more efficiently than I can.
Mgr: No problem. Takes the cards and activates them. There you go, and there are your receipts. Have a nice night.
Me: You also, enjoy the night, and I thank you for your assistance. Turned around and started walking away
Mgr: Anytime. Come see us again.
Me: Is that a question because the service was so bad, or a general closing statement intended to embed in my subconscious in order to make me want to come back again?
Mgr: Excuse me? I didn't catch all that.
Me: I really like how you remodeled the place. Looks nice. Shoulda brought my gun.
Mgr: What?
Me: Should be fun.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rockgenius said...

That's what you get for living in LaCrosse. You have to deal with a bunch of backward-ass hillbillies who don't even know how to run a register. At least I was smart enough to move out of Kentucky....

PS. See you in a few weeks. Hope your hip feels better so you can run that race. If not, at least there will be cards to play.

7:29 PM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

You can take the girl out of Kentucky, but you can't take the Kentucky out of the girl :-)

I am going to test the hip out this weekend. I would say I am less than 50 percent of doing the race.

You are right, there will be lots of cards to be played and chips to be collected. Can't wait.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You should have confused them by paying with $25 cash. The whole change thing would have been a nightmare.

What does DB stand for anyhow?

9:40 PM  
Blogger Rockgenius said...

I'm guessing DB stands for Dumb Blonde?? Or Dumb Brunette?

10:22 PM  
Blogger Steve! said...

Yep All smiles, in a "I am a dumb girl sort of way"---Love it!

I honestly need to step back and ask, how many smart girls have you met?

I returned home after 9.30, and did not want to call.

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home