Friday, August 03, 2007

New ride

This sexy bike is my new ride!!



Above is what will be waiting for me when I get back to La Crosse. The frame is 900 grams (<2 lbs) of both stiff and comfy carbon goodness. It is built up will full carbon campy record 10 spd including Campy record cranks. Zero gravity brakes (<200 grams). Bontrager handlebars. Ritchey stem. Thompson seat post and fly saddle.

I will be adding a pair of my newly acquired X/1 Titanium speedplay pedals, and perhaps if EPU convinces me, a pair of these these wheels.

In the end it should come in around 14.5 pound. A little more if I don't go with the crazy light wheels. My current sled comes in at 23 pounds so I will be dropping 8 pounds on my bike. Plus I should be down 5 pounds in body weight by the time I get back. That will be over 13 pounds of total vehicle weight I am dropping.

4 Comments:

Blogger E-pu said...

Are you serious about this or just some s@#t talking poser. Get the wheels. We also have a pair of record hubs so you could build a light as crap wheels also, but the bontragers would be the shit.

4:37 PM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

I am serious, so serious in fact that I am going to have some super light go fast custom wheels build for me by Don

5:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Is this Ralph's former bike?

Bob

8:38 AM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

yes it is. and it is going to stomp all over EPU

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home