Monday, October 29, 2007

Don Ames

With a grin on his face, Donnie would ofter come around a corner, rubber band in hand, and then whisper to me "I'm gonna shoot me a freak!" He then would go where ever EPU was at, and shoot him.

I could share many stories of the laughs Donnie provided me with, but I will just give you my favorite. Everyday at 6:00 when he left work he would come up to me and say "It's six o clock....so fuck ya". I don't know why that always brought a grin to my face, but he knew it did, so he always made it a point to do so.

You will be missed. Ride In Peace

2 Comments:

Blogger Display Name said...

This is truely a loss, not only for his skills with a wrench, but like you have eluded to, for his outlook on life and his way with words. As one of the first people I had met in the cycling community something like 15-16 years ago Donny will be Missed by all who ever knew of him!

6:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have to agree. It may sound sort of strange but over the last year or two I've thought about how he never seemed like he was in a bad mood in all the years I've known him. Always had a smile on that you knew was real. It is really a sad time.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home