Thursday, November 08, 2007

Cookies my Ass

It is Girl Scout Cookie season once again. They are out at WalMart, walking the streets, and their stupid mothers are passing out order forms throughout their work places. Every year I get approached to buy some cookies, and every year I decline.

The Girl Scouts is an organization that has survived through the years not by teaching its young members to stand for what they believe, but rather to give into cultural pressures that strike out against them.

In 1972 they dropped "loyalty" from their promise, and replaced it with "I will do my best to be honest and fair." WTF is that. Do your best to be honest and fair? Forget being loyal to your word, your self, or your "sisters" go ahead and make the wrong decision.

The Girl Scouts made "God" optional back in 1993. They decided that while reciting the Girl Scout Promise: "On my honor, I will try: To serve God and my country, to help people at all times and to live by the Girl Scout Law." Good thing they did that. They wouldn't want to include the morals and beliefs that the organization was founded upon.

What is it they call a person who willingly uses his or her talent or ability in an unworthy way, usually for money? Think about that next time you see one of Kathy Cloninger's cute little neighbor girls walking the streets soliciting you for money in exchange for something that will just make you fat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve! said...

You seem to know A LOT about the history of girl scouts.....?

8:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You know that your monetary exchange is really minor to the feeling of goodwill that you will generate for some little girl that will "do my best" or "Try." After all we can't expect them to actually succeed at anything (aside from selling cookies) because "trying" is more important than actually "doing." So do your best to try and feel good about not buying some fat producing goods from a slacker girl.

3:14 PM  
Blogger MunkieFast said...

I will eat my cookies the old fashioned way, Steal them from EPU

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home